Hello, this is what this blog is about.
Welcome to this blog, I am 11equalsfish and this is the first post I've ever written. I am excited to be here and write and share some thoughts.
My goal with this blog is to show my process and communicate ideas, to connect with games and art development. Art is a wonderful thing that can resonate with people and create some solidarity. In this I aspire for harmonious human connections, so I'll try to makes these messages, experiments and faults worthwhile.
Currently, I am a design student in university, and before that I've also done some Screen and Media courses. This is what I'm most interested in because my my natural aptitude towards it, along with needing to use the opportunities available to me to develop as a person and become functional. My circumstances have been greatly limiting from my condition and my family's origins struggling against complicated hardship. I'll do my part and what I can.
Making notes and reviewing my past process really helps keeping me on track, and knowing the purpose of the context surrounding the art. It's very useful to externalize and have a space set aside for doing this freely.
Neurodivergence is very tricky, and I've noticed that the indie space on Itch.io has a lot of people that deal with problems like that, as well as identity and doubt. Maybe it's the digital, creative nature of it. I think my entire game dev journey is the result of needing something to structure my thoughts, and countless ideas. I channel hyperfocus into that instead, tons of different parts to deal with. I hope I will finish it someday. This is a space that I belong to, it seems to be my community of people.
I've made dozens of documents and pages of notes on making this first serious game. It is very messy, so writing this helps to finalize ideas. Some of the notes are also on a Game Making Society discord which I'm a part of as a Uni club. I'll use this site to make readable articles and keep track.
Because this is public, I'll try to avoid the more personal details. The internet is a risky and dangerous place, with a lot of access and exploitation of data. I'll do what I can to write a clear reading experience for netizens, and also for myself when I reorganise and recentre during the process. This way, I hope we can both benefit from this exercise.
My ideal would be to touch hearts and change lives. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts!
My Username
The icon for 11equalsfish comes from pictograms, and silly doodles as I tried to find some meaning in math homework. It's a very simple design to have clarity. The icon is made of two lines that are connected together at the tip to make the head, and crossed at the end to make the shape of a fish tail. The sequence 11 = 🐟 is a bit of logic where two lines are joined, meaning separate parts can be related to other. This concept shows my understanding that this world is made of interconnectedness.
The goal of my art is for connection and to tie together loose ends, so that our paths in life may meet and to come away with understanding. The fish body shape represents a join, a divergence in the middle then confluence at the end. It is also ties to the pun that "there are a lot of fish in the sea", which motivating to keep moving and travel the data streams of the internet.
To me, this has a flexible meaning and is personal and playful. It represents my ideals and mindset.
Comments
Post a Comment